This site is designed to provide information, support communication, and give first time visitors a glimpse of what makes Cleveland Court such an outstanding school. Our school enjoys wonderful parental and community involvement, allowing us to provide numerous enrichment opportunities. Cleveland Court Elementary School has provided Excellence in Education since 1947. Thank you for taking a moment to learn more about our school.
About Our School
Cleveland Court Elementary School was built in 1927 to serve area children of the Cleveland Heights subdivision. Our country, however, was in an economic depression at this time. The school opened for one semester, but due to low enrollment the school closed and was subsequently used as a Works Project Administration (WPA) facility. Later, it was used to build, assemble, and paint Patrol Torpedo (PT) boats during World War II. Finally, in 1947 Cleveland Court opened as a school for neighborhood children. Since 1947, Cleveland Court has had a reputation for high quality education and has grown and expanded to meet the needs of all the children it serves.
The MyPolkSchools Parent Portal allows parents to check current grades, obtain immunization status, learn if their child had any recorded discipline or attendance issues throughout the day, check their child’s current lunch account balance, and even see what their child purchased in the lunchroom.
Kindergarten Pre-registration for ’22-23 School Year
Pre-registration begins on April 1, 2022. Students entering Kindergarten must be five years old on/before Sept. 1, 2022.
On-campus Kindergarten Round-up April 21st at noon!
School Registration requirements:
- Birth certificate
- Physical exam dated within the last 12 months
- Certificate of immunization (Florida Department of Health form 680) showing shots including: second MMR, polio, DPT/DTaP, Hepatitis B series, second varicella or signed proof of chicken pox
- Two Proofs of residency
- Acceptable proofs include: mortgage document, property tax record, home/apartment lease agreement, current utility bill, current voter registration, proof of government benefits, Florida Driver’s License, auto registration/ insurance.
- Social Security Card
To find your zoned school go to polkschoolsfl.com/schools.
Registrations will be accepted ON-LINE or BY APPOINTMENT ONLY! For more information call 499-2929 or e-mail Kris.Clark@polk-fl.net.
Cleveland Court Elementary Dress Code Information
Bottoms: Navy, black or khaki/tan
Walking shorts, slacks, skorts, skirts, and skirted jumpers are acceptable, but must be plain, solid-color twill, corduroy or denim fabric
Tops: White, navy, or red with collar or School T-Shirt
Knit polo-type, Oxford or woven dress shirts, blouses or turtlenecks are acceptable.
Other dress code rules:
- A belt is required if the garment has belt loops.
- Shirts (including T-shirts) must be tucked in.
- Shorts/skirts must be mid-thigh or longer.
- Shoes must be safe and appropriate and have a heel strap-tennis shoes are required for PE days.
- Clothes must be the appropriate size, with the waist of garment worn at student’s waist.
- Clothing that is too tight or too loose is not appropriate for school.
The Dress Code does not allow for clothing with colored trim, stripes, embroidery, decoration, etc. It also does not provide for overalls (overalls with pants or shorts), sweatpants, knit pants/ skirts, leggings, etc. A small logo is acceptable.
Winter Dress Code Information:
- Hooded sweatshirts or pullover sweaters are allowed, but must meet the following criteria OR be worn under the student’s school shirt.
- Must be solid white, solid navy or solid red.
- May NOT have a design on the front.
- Hoods may not be worn during school hours.
- Outerwear may not be disruptive, distracting, display offensive language/symbols, etc.
- Jackets and sweaters that zip or button all the way up may be any color.
- School staff may ask students to remove jackets.
- Trench coats are not allowed.
On very cold days, students who walk, bike, etc., may need to wear sweatpants, etc. over their school clothes on their way to/from school. However, any clothing that doesn’t meet dress code requirements must be removed before school begins.
School administrators will determine if clothing is appropriate for school and complies with district rules. For more specific information on the student dress code, please refer to the Code of Student Conduct.
Kids’ Fundraising Packets
Fundraising packets went home on November, 18. Check out this awesome video of Cleveland Court Elementary students sharing how you and your relatives, friends and co-workers can make a difference for them through the purchase of brand-name gift cards. It’s a perfect way to get those holiday gift cards AND support your kids at the same time!
Annual Title I Meeting
The annual Title I Meeting video meeting for 2022-2023 is now available. Click here to watch.
Updated Supply List